this video on the AT or not.
Despite his spare lifestyle, Jeff aka Loner, or Snakesession on the Hammock Hanger Forum doesn't like to get wet so uses a great rain fly to keep dry. He's even camped in snow and was quite cozy.
Some of Jeff's gear includes:
1. Pack: Terra Nova Laser Elite 20L backpack,
2. Hammock: Grand Trunk Nano
Tarp: Wildernss Logics: Tadpole tarp,
4. insulation/underquilt : Wilderness Logic rated at 20 degrees
5. Sleeping bag: Western Mountaineering Summerlite WL down 3/4 UQrated at 32 degrees
6. suspension: whoopie slings w/Dutch biners
And for you hammock hangers: Here's a video of his rain or winter set up w/a brief discussion of his Dutch biners drip ring set ups to make sure drips don't enter his bag and hammock.
Here's a video of his shakedown hike in Oct. 2011 with a review of his hammock and recommendations for hanging gear.